Facts always win over fiction.
Denver Ranked #4 Best Place for Business and Careers and Colorado #1 in Overall Economy
-Forbes, 2019. -U.S. News & World Report, 2019
How Denver South Is Driving Colorado’s Economy
With six of the ten Colorado-based Fortune 500 companies located here and almost 30% of the state’s earnings originating here, it’s no wonder why Denver South is Colorado’s Corporate Capital.
- The Denver South Region has an employment base approaching 240,000 workers, representing over 14 percent of total Metro Denver employment.
- Between the third quarters of 2017 and 2018, employment in the Denver South region expanded by more than 7,400 jobs, a 3.2 percent increase.
- 23.1% (714,310) of Colorado jobs result from Denver South economic activity.
- $32.78 billion (29.7%) of state earnings result from the Denver South economy (direct jobs, indirect jobs and induced effects).
- The region’s employment is highly concentrated in professional and business services, financial activities, and education and health services, representing approximately 52 percent of the region’s total employment.
- The average annual wage in the Denver South region ($77,500) is 22 percent higher than the Metro Denver average for 2018 ($63,500)
- 42% (673,880) of jobs within the Denver Metro MSA result from economic activity that is happening in Denver South (direct jobs, indirect jobs and induced effects).