Denver Ranked #4 Best Place for Business and Careers and Colorado #1 in Overall Economy
-Forbes, 2019. -U.S. News & World Report, 2019
How Denver South Is Driving Colorado’s Economy
With six of the ten Colorado-based Fortune 500 companies located here and almost 30% of the state’s earnings originating here, it’s no wonder why Denver South is Colorado’s Corporate Capital.
- The Denver South Region has an employment base approaching 240,000 workers, representing over 14 percent of total Metro Denver employment.
- Between the third quarters of 2017 and 2018, employment in the Denver South region expanded by more than 7,400 jobs, a 3.2 percent increase.
- 23.1% (714,310) of Colorado jobs result from Denver South economic activity.
- $32.78 billion (29.7%) of state earnings result from the Denver South economy (direct jobs, indirect jobs and induced effects).
- The region’s employment is highly concentrated in professional and business services, financial activities, and education and health services, representing approximately 52 percent of the region’s total employment.
- The average annual wage in the Denver South region ($77,500) is 22 percent higher than the Metro Denver average for 2018 ($63,500)
- 42% (673,880) of jobs within the Denver Metro MSA result from economic activity that is happening in Denver South (direct jobs, indirect jobs and induced effects).
Industry Cluster Reports and Studies
It’s a fast 30-minute drive from Denver South to our international airport (DEN). Denver boasts some of best connectivity of any airport in America with three-hour flight reaching anywhere in the Continental US.
Centennial Airport is right the heart of the Denver South Region. It’s the busiest General Aviation airport in the country. This international facility features 24-hour US Customs and a 24/7 Federal Aviation Administration control tower, both with weather capability.
Mass transit also is a prized asset of Denver South. Nine light rail stops roll through our region. We’re also a short 20 minutes from downtown and 60 minutes from the majestic, world famous Rocky Mountains.
With more than 300 days of sunshine a year and a mild average temperature, Denver is an ideal home for outdoor lovers.
The Denver area is home to some of the best hospitals in the country.
The South Metro Denver Region is a transportation hub, which boasts a world-class multi-modal transportation system. Read More.