The Center of Business Centers.
Colorado’s Corporate Capital
Of the nine Fortune 500 companies located in Colorado, seven call the Denver South region home. That’s no surprise. Our area claims more office space than anywhere else on the Front Range—40 million square feet, in fact—and is the preferred business address in the Rocky Mountain region.
Denver South is also home to more business relocations than anywhere in the region.
Move here, and you’ll be in good company.
Names Raising Eyebrows and Dropping Jobs
Denver South EDP would like to thank these companies for all they do for South Denver Metro region and Colorado’s overall economic success.
- Arrow Electronics
- Borland Inc.
- CH2M Hill
- Dish Network
- Echo Star Communications Corp.
- Great-West Life & Annuity
- Inverness Hotel & Conference
- Jeppesen Inc.
- Liberty Media
- Liberty Global
- MDC Holdings Inc.
- Newmont Mining
- Oppenheimer Funds
- Pacificare of Colorado
- Richmond American Homes Inc.
- TriZetto Group
- Western Union
Other Major Employers Throughout the Denver Region Include:
Metro Denver – Private Non-Retail
- HealthONE Corporation Healthcare
- Qwest Communications Telecommunications
- Lockheed Martin Corporation Aerospace & Defense Related Systems
- Exempla Healthcare Healthcare
- Centura Health Healthcare
- Kaiser Permanente Healthcare
- Denver Health Healthcare
- DISH Network Satellite TV & Equipment
- United Airlines Airline
- Wells Fargo Bank Financial Services
- University of Denver University
- The Children’s Hospital Healthcare
- IBM Corporation Computer Systems & Services
- University of Colorado Hospital Healthcare, Research
- Oracle Software & Network Computer Systems
- United Parcel Service Parcel Delivery
- Comcast Corporation Telecommunications
- Frontier Airlines Airline
- Ball Corporation Aerospace, Containers
- MillerCoors Brewing Company Beverages
- Xcel Energy Utilities
- Avaya Telecommunications Systems & Software
- FedEx Shipping & Freight Services
- Sprint Nextel Corporation Cellular & Wireless Phones
- Boulder Community Hospital Healthcare
- Raytheon Aerospace Systems & Software
Metro Denver – With Retail
- King Soopers Inc.
- Wal-Mart General
- Safeway Inc.
- HealthONE Corporation
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Exempla Healthcare
- Centura Health
- Kaiser Permanente
- Denver Health
- Target Corporation
- DISH Network
- United Airlines
- Wells Fargo Bank
- University of Denver
- The Children’s Hospital
- IBM Corporation
- University of Colorado Hospital
- Oracle Software
- United Parcel Service
- Comcast Corporation
- Frontier Airlines
- Ball Corporation
- MillerCoors Brewing Company
- Xcel Energy
Denver South EDP knows that retaining existing businesses is an important component of any economic development strategy. That is why Denver South EDP partners with state and local officials to maintain communication with existing businesses in order to ensure that they know they have a partner in the South Metro Denver Region.
“Existing companies make up the backbone of the South Metro Denver Region. With the highest number of corporate headquarters and Colorado’s only Fortune 500 companies calling the Denver South EDP region home, it is our top priority to partner with these companies in retaining their position as economic drivers for South Metro Denver and beyond.”
-Mike Fitzgerald, Denver South EDP President and CEO