On the Money: Financial Services in Denver South
Be a part of a booming community.
Reasons to locate your financial services business in Denver South.
- Denver South has a higher-than-average concentration of employment in business and financial operations occupations. Approximately 9.3 percent of Denver South’s labor force is employed in business and financial operations occupations, compared with the U.S. average of 4.8 percent. (U.S. Census Bureau, 2014 American Community Survey, 5-Year Estimates)
- Nearly 3 percent of the 73,680 certified financial planner certificates in the United States are held in Colorado even though Colorado’s population represents just 1.7 percent of the national population total. (Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., 2015; U.S. Census Bureau, 2015)
- The University of Colorado South Denver campus offers a Master’s in Business Administration program, a general business certificate, an entrepreneurship certificate, and non-degree programs providing working professionals with accelerated, short courses in project management, financial modeling, and online marketing. (University of Colorado South Denver, 2015)
- Lone Tree ranked among the 10 best places in Colorado for millennial job seekers and eight of the 10 cities are within commuting distance to Denver. (NerdWallet, 2015)
- Denver ranked as the third-best city for college graduates, with millennials (ages 20-34) representing 26 percent of the total population. (Rent.com, 2015)
- The Denver-Aurora-Broomfield metropolitan statistical area ranked first overall for economic development and job growth in the “Leading Locations for 2015” list. Areas recognized in the study have strong pro-business environments and a highly skilled workforce. (Area Development, 2015)
- Metro Denver is the largest region in the U.S. to offer one-bounce satellite uplinks to six out of seven continents in one business day due to its unique geographic location in the Mountain time zone.
- Denver South boasts a close proximity to Denver International Airport (DEN) and Centennial Airport.
- Denver South is supported by access to national and global business hubs through a strong transportation infrastructure.
- Metro Denver’s central U.S. location on the 105th meridian at the midpoint between Tokyo and Frankfurt makes it a strategic choice for conducting national and international business.
- More than 1,000 miles from the nearest coast and outside of Tornado Alley, Metro Denver’s risk of natural disasters is minimal compared with locations in the east, west, and south.
- Colorado ranked fifth on Forbes’ 2016 “Best States for Business” list. The state received its highest rankings for labor supply (first overall), economic climate (second overall), growth prospects (third overall), and regulatory environment (ninth overall).
Metro Denver ranked No. 2 among Forbes’ 2017 “Best Places for Business and Careers” ranking in the top two for the third-straight year.
- Denver South’s office rental rates averaged $24.51 per square foot in the first quarter of 2017, making the region’s office market highly competitive with other major markets in the U.S.
- Colorado has one of the nation’s most favorable corporate income tax structures. The state’s corporate income tax rate of 4.63 percent is one of the lowest in the nation and is based on single-factor apportionment, which allows companies to pay taxes based solely on their sales in the state.
- The Denver-Aurora-Broomfield metropolitan area ranked among the top 10 for economic development and job growth in the “Leading Locations for 2016” list. Areas recognized in the study exhibited economic strength and capacity to support business prosperity.
- Colorado has the nation’s ninth-best tax climate for entrepreneurship and small business.
Colorado ranked among the top five “Best States for Small Business Friendliness” in 2016. Denver received an “A-” grade for overall friendliness.
- Highlands Ranch (sixth) and Centennial (13th) ranked among MONEY Magazine’s 2016 “Best Places to Live” list.
Centennial ranked among the “Best Cities for Young Families” in 2017. The city ranked No. 49 out of 510 U.S. communities.
- The Denver South region boasts a variety of quality living options from expansive apartment complexes to single-family homes surrounded by open spaces. The area is also known for beautiful neighborhoods, award-winning schools and popular parks and trail systems.
- The South Metro Corridor is home to seven state parks, greenways, and a national forest and has preserved over 50,000 acres of natural open space. The High Line Canal, designated as a National Landmark Trail, contributes to the region’s robust trail system.
- Denver ranked fifth among the “2016’s Best Large Cities to Live In.” Denver scored first for livability and third for local economy and taxes.
- Metro Denver ranked as the third-fittest metropolitan area in the U.S. in 2016.
Nearly 30 public and private golf courses are located in the South Metro Corridor and world-class ski resorts are located within 100 miles of the Corridor.
Meet Your Neighbors
Charles Schwab Corporation
With a major presence in the Denver South Corridor, Charles Schwab Corporation believes in the power of investing to help individuals create a better tomorrow. They have a history of challenging the status quo in their industry, innovating in ways that benefit investors and the advisors and employers who serve them, and championing clients’ goals with passion and integrity. Learn more
CoBank is a $128 billion cooperative bank serving vital industries across rural America. The bank provides loans, leases, export financing and other financial services to agribusinesses and rural power, water and communications providers in all 50 states. Learn more
Fidelity’s mission is to inspire better futures and deliver better outcomes for the customers and businesses they serve.They focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers: helping more than 26 million people invest their own life savings, 23,000 businesses manage employee benefit programs, as well as providing more than 12,500 financial advisory firms with investment and technology solutions to invest their own clients’ money. Learn more