Denver South boasts some big names in business. Six Fortune 500 companies are headquartered in the region: Arrow Electronics, Qurate Retail Group, Dish Network, Liberty Media, Newmont Goldcorp and Western Union. These companies, along with a few others, play a proportionally large role in employing the workforce in Denver South. Let’s look at the Denver South Region’s largest industries and private employers:
Broadband and Digital Communications:
- Comcast: (5,200 Employees) The company focuses on creating technology and entertainment that connects millions of people to the moments and experiences that matter most. Located in Greenwood Village, they are also creating incredible jobs.
- Dish Network: (2,700 Employees) Considered an industry leader in technology and now a major player in the upcoming 5G revolution. The Englewood-based company is focused on innovation, and in doing so, brings jobs to the area.
- Charter Communications: (3,500 Employees) Connecting customers to innovation – and the region with jobs.
- Charles Schwab: (4,300 Employees) The company opened the Lone Tree campus in 2014, bringing with it its modern approach to investing.
- Empower Retirement: (2,660 Employees) The company, located in Greenwood Village, is helping the public and its employeesstrategize and plan for retirement.
- Western Union: (1,100 Employees)Western Union moves money across international borders for families, businesses and communities and brings jobs to the region.
- VISA USA LLC: (1,100 Employees): With a mission “To be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere”, the company has a foothold in the Denver South region to make that happen.
- United Healthcare: (2,170 Employees) Another neighbor in Centennial is UHC, whosemission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone.
- Centura Health: (1,680 Employees at Corporate Headquarters and local hospitals) Centura Health supports 21,000+ professionals along with 17 hospitals, 13 affiliate hospitals, health neighborhoods, health at home, urgent care centers and emergency rooms, mountain clinics, 100+ physician practices and clinics, and Flight For Life® Colorado.
- HealthONE: Sky Ridge Medical Center: (1,630 Employees) located on a 57-acre campus at the southwest corner of I-25 and Lincoln Avenue in Lone Tree, this284-bed hospital opened in 2003 and provided the first acute care hospital to Douglas County.
- Kaiser Permanente: (1,000 Employees) Founded on the idea that everyone deserves the chance to live a healthy life, Kaiser Permanente has certainly thrived in Denver South.
- Arrow Electronics: (2,170 Employees) As one of the leading supply chain companies in the world, Arrow Electronics guides innovation forward for over 200,000 of the world’s leading manufacturers of technology used in homes, business and daily life. Located in Centennial, it is a great partner for many companies in the region.
- Jacobs Engineering Group: (1,150 Employees) Eying the goal of pushing what’s possible, Jacobs makes the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable – all from our own backyard.
Aviation and Aerospace:
- Jeppesen Inc.: (1,350 Employees) Headquartered in Englewood, this Boeing company is shaping the future of aviation software and services. Jeppesen help guide the journeys of its customers, and employees, wherever they may lead.
- United Launch Alliance (ULA): (1,300 Employees) The nation’s most experienced space launch company with more than 120 consecutive launches and a 100% mission success rate. They are also headquartered right here in Centennial.