As a data-driven organization the DSTMA consistently works to measure, manage, and improve mobility based on data. We work continuously with our jurisdictional partners to evaluate and integrate data to find solutions. From Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT), travel speeds on I-25 to complex survey data DSTMA is committed to working through the data as it provides a baseline for the work we do.
A few fun data points about transportation in Denver South:
- It’s a fast 30-minute drive from Denver South to our international airport (DEN).
- Denver boasts some of the best connectivity of any airport in America with three-hour flight reaching anywhere in the Continental US.
- Centennial Airport is right in the heart of the Denver South Region.
- It’s the busiest General Aviation airport in the country. This international facility features 24-hour US Customs and a 24/7 Federal Aviation Administration control tower, both with weather capability.
- Mass transit also is a prized asset of Denver South. Nine light rail stops roll through our region.
- We’re also a short 20 minutes from downtown and 60 minutes from the majestic, world famous Rocky Mountains.
Tom Tom Data Partnership:
We’ve partnered with TomTom to use their MOVE tool to access real-time and historical traffic statistics to track impacts to the regional transportation network. This helps us with ongoing planning and investigating traffic incidents in real-time. With this unique insight, we can understand future commuting patterns and, in collaboration with our public sector partners, help design better systems over time.